Mainly because you gave it so much love on Pinterest (thank you so much for repinning this post) I felt compelled to add even more value than before.
It's not always easy to start your day with Jesus. I get it as a busy mom, wife, and blogger/vlogger I totally lose track of time most days. This is why it is so important to make starting your day with Jesus a priority.
To stay on track, I often remind myself that the key to a great day is in how you start it. What better way to start your day than with Jesus.
Because if you don't do it first thing in the morning the likelihood of you doing it later is slim to none.
THIS IS PART 5 OF 5 OF THE BIBLE STUDY BEGINNERS' SERIES
PART 2: A Week in My Bible Journal
The good thing about starting your day with Jesus is that you can do whatever you want. Each day doesn't have to be the same. You can take the list below mix it up and make it your own.
10 Ways to Start Your Day with Jesus
- Bible Reading Plan is great way to start your day especially if you're going through a difficult time. Reading a bible reading plan that focuses on that area - like encouragement, faith, or motivation- is a great way to overcome your circumstances.
- Prayer Wall/War Room is often underestimated but is a powerful tool, especially as a beginner. Understanding the power of prayer and acknowledging that you need God is really important especially if you are someone who is extremely self-reliant.
- Journaling is a must for me, I can't read the bible without taking the time to reflect. If you are looking to create a deeper relationship with Christ give the soap method a try.
- Morning Prayer something as simple as beginning your day with 5-10 minutes of meaningful prayer can really improve your connection with Christ. I know often times it can be difficult o find the words to say but praying scripture is a great place to start.
- Read Daily Devotionals I loved devotionals apps when I first began to reconnect with God. It made reconnecting brainless - I didn't have to think about it. The reality is, it is hard to reconnect with your faith because of the shame and guilt. So devotionals with real-life examples and pointed scripture is necessary.
- Tune in to Worship There are now so many resources online - videos, podcast, radio - that you can listen to when you begin your day whether it be on your morning commute or while cleaning up after you get the kiddos off to school.
- Listen to your favorite gospel songs. Yes listening to gospel music counts.
- Participating in a challenge Fellowship is so important to your spiritual journey. So try participating in a prayer or bible reading challenge and invite a friend to do it with you.
- Mindful Silence doesn't underestimate the power of meditating on the word and inviting God into your day.
- Join an Accountability Group you can find faith groups on FB, at church, or even with friends and you all can meet up or talk weekly praying and the bible studying together.
Dear Heavenly Father, Give me more Jesus. Help me to live, act, and speak according to your word. Make me whole, because only you can. Give me more Jesus because only he can save me from the sins of this world. Make my heart pure Lord. help me to only seek you. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
I hope that this post has encouraged you to bible study because you don't need to be an expert! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (meaning if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won't cost you anything)! Thank you so much for your support as this helps me afford the expenses of my online ministry.
- Bible, The Jesus Bible Leathersoft
- Faith Journal
- Gel Bible Highlighters Assorted Colors
- Study Bible, The ESV Study Bible
- Colored Pens, Ballpoint Pens, Assorted Colors
- War Room Movie, War Room: Prayer Is a Powerful Weapon