Believe me I get it. I have stopped and started my Bible reading efforts several times throughout my journey. Reading the Bible can be downright daunting. After all it can feel like a foreign language especially if you're reading the King James Version.
THIS IS PART 3 OF 6 OF THE BIBLE STUDY BEGINNERS' SERIES
PART 4: Verse Mapping for Beginners
PART 6: Bible Study for Women Series
5 Simple Ways to Get Consistent with Reading the Bible
- Make reading the Bible a priority.
- Get excited about reading the Bible.
- Choose a time and stick with it.
- Set a realistic reading goal.
- Be honest with yourself about why you want to read the Bible.
If you enjoy this post, you may find these Bible Study blog post helpful when it comes to reading the bible as a beginner:
- How to Bible Journal for Beginners
- Cherishing His Essence - Join the 90 day Challenge to get to know Christ
- 12 Scriptures on How to Pray
- How to Dig Deeper during Bible Study
The truth is that it doesn't really matter what brought you to the decision. But if your not honest about your intentions the likelihood of you being consistent is very low.
Before you can prioritize your faith you first need to begin to address the reason you turned to God in the first place. Because dedicating yourself to learning the word is difficult when your carrying a burden that needs to be released to God.
Before you begin reading the Bible be sure to Pray
- Ask Him for forgiveness. You need to let go of the shame and guilt your carrying with you.
- Forgive those who have hurt you. I know it not easy but you can't receive God's forgiveness until you forgive.
- Confess to God. Be honest about the mistakes you have made, hurt you have caused, and the pain your carrying.
- Ask for His direction. God will never steer you wrong, trust him, and the plan he has for you.
- Ask Him to take your burdens. Let go of the baggage your carrying and recognize you are not alone because God is with you.
If you take nothing else from this blog post, I hope you realize beginning to read the Bible is like starting a new journey. So before you can start anew you must first let go of the past. It's time to move on and receive the fullness God has for you.
I hope that this post has encouraged you to bible study, because you don't need to be an expert! These are my favorite bible study resources for beginners! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (meaning if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won't cost you anything)! Thank you so much for your support as this helps me afford the expenses of my online ministry.
- Study Bible, I prefer the English Standard Version
- Pew Bible, I like to keep it simple since I don't take notes in my bible
- Faith Journal, my go to for bible study, prayer, and all things faith related
- War Room Movie, this movie is so inspirational definitely a must see movie
- Kingdom Woman, a great foundation book for woman that is bible based.
- Fervent a great book for understanding the importance of prayer in every aspect of life.